I already network with my peers. Why should I join Top Agent Network?
4 out of 5 members report that TAN helped them make additional sales,
How does a real estate agent qualify for Top Agent Network membership?
Why do you restrict membership to the top 10%?
- Optimum number of member agents in the market;
- Mutual respect among the agents; and
- Volume of high quality information on the network.
The top 10% of agents is where that magic happens. TAN reserves the right to expand membership to 15% in small markets if needed to keep that magic happening.
Isn’t keeping a listing “private” against buyers’ and sellers’ best interests?
- Greatly expanding the number of agents who will learn about upcoming listings in the “pre-marketing” phase;
- Providing a powerful way to best price their seller’s listing before it goes on the MLS (something crucial to the seller’s ability to get top dollar); and
- Recording all posts in a transparent database, encouraging ethical behavior among agents.
TAN also lets you post motivated buyer needs and ask for local service provider recommendations–critical activities not possible on the MLS.
My listing is going on the MLS next week. Why should I bother to put it on Top Agent Network first?
- Alert buyers (through their TAN member agent) who have seen “everything in the neighborhood” to hold off making an offer elsewhere, knowing your listing will be coming on soon.
- Make sure the listing is priced correctly as it comes on the MLS (TAN member feedback helps hugely with this).
- Maintain the listing’s momentum while you get the photos, staging and landscaping ready.
- Show your clients how hard you’re working to promote their listing.
- Distinguish yourself from other non-member agents who can’t pre-market clients’ listings on TAN.
- Keep listings from getting “stale” on the MLS as you test the price or prepare the property.
Shall we go on?
How much does TAN membership cost?
I’m not very computer-savvy. Is TAN hard to use?
Posting your motivated buyer need, upcoming listing or question is as simple as writing an email. The posts go out to all members in your chapter via email, and you can reply via email, too. All posts and replies are recorded in the system and can be searched at any time. Weekly Activity and Non-MLS reports are emailed to you automatically.
Once you register, your photo, “about” and contact information are displayed automatically on the public-facing Member Directory. Getting your personalized TAN marketing materials is a snap.
How do I get the most out of my TAN membership?
What if I do my business in a neighborhood that sits on the border of two TAN chapters?
What is TAN’s retention rate?
Read TAN Myths and Facts
I put an upcoming listing on Top Agent Network and before I could get it actively on the market, another top agent who had been looking specifically in that neighborhood made an offer and poof! It was sold!
- Vicki Buckle-Clark, Morgan Lane Marin
TAN lets me make deals in a fashion that suits and respects my clients’ needs. This year alone, I’ve worked with two elderly clients who would have been completely overwhelmed by the staging, open houses and showings typically required in selling a home. I quietly put out the word on TAN and both homes sold quickly, AS IS. It was a win-win for all parties.
- Madeline Schaider, Madeline Schaider Real Estate